GGHS2016 “Gravity, Geoid and Height Systems 2016” Meeting, the first Joint Commission2 and IGFS Symposium co-organized with GGOS Focus Area 1 “Unified Height System” attracted more than 210 scientists involved in gravity field related research. The conference included sessions closely related to IGFS and its activities, as:
- Session 1: Current and future satellite gravity missions
- Session 2: Global gravity Field Modelling
- Session 3: Local/regional geoid determination methods and models
- Session 4: Absolute and Relative gravity: observations and methods
- Session 5: Height systems and vertical datum unification
- Session 6: Satellite altimetry and climate-relevant processes
12 splinter meetings have been organized throughout the 5 days of the conference by IAG Commission 2, the IGFS, JWGs, SGs and SCs. More than 210 scientists from 35 countries participated in both the scientific and parallel events of the conference with the participation of young colleagues (MSc students and PhD candidates) reaching 37%.